Managed AWS Service
Humanoo operating in the healthcare industry, has developed an innovative platform that caters to employee retention and corporate wellness. The platform is designed to provide comprehensive wellness solutions to insurance companies and employers.
By implementing these wellness programs, companies can improve employee satisfaction, reduce absenteeism, and enhance productivity. By leveraging cutting-edge technology and customised wellness programs, the start-up helps companies create a healthier and more supportive work environment that benefits both employees and employers.
Micro-services running on AWS ECS Fargate
RDS MySQL instances for each micro-service
To get better performance from RDS instances in terms of MySQL query operations
To reduce the cost of RDS instances
- In order to use Graviton for RDS MySQL instances, running MySQL version should be at least version 8. Therefore, our team upgraded the MySQL version of the instances from 5 to 8 first.
- In order to operate the migration with minimum downtime, our team got the advantage of the RDS Blue/Green Deployments feature.
With RDS Blue/Green deployments,
- We first created a Green environment from the existing RDS instances, including read replicas.
- Then we changed the RDS instance type to Graviton equivalent in the Green environment.
- And we completed the switch operation with minimum downtime, which is less than 1 minute!
All RDS instances have been moved to Graviton type.
Lower Resource Utilisation
As checked in the metrics, RDS instances perform better, and resource utilisation has decreased.
The customer has the option to downgrade the RDS instance types for cost-saving purposes.
AWS RDS - Graviton - AWS CloudWatch
Let's have a quick chat to understand your requirements and figure out how we can help you.
Address: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, WC2H 9JQ London, UK