What is DevSecOps?
DevSecOps is the methodology of integration security within the DevOps pipeline, not just about tooling but also a cultural change like DevOps. So basically:
- Incorporate Security far earlier into your software development lifecycle by using tools
- Creating a Security-as-Code culture
Why do you need DevSecOps?
Traditional security can’t keep up with DevOps’ pace, and DevSecOps makes it easier to manage development lifecycle and secure deployments.
Shifting left "saves Time and Cost" so security needs to be a part of the DevOps process to ensure safety.
Don’t just “Shift Left”, adopt a “Start Left” mentality.
Implement automation by using Security as Code
- By relying on traditional security testing, if a bug or vulnerability has been discovered in any later stages in your software development lifecycle, fixing or mitigating it can be more time consuming and costly.
- Instead, you should enable security controls in every stage of your DevOps pipeline and shift your security left.
A Sample DevSecOps Pipeline
DevSecOps Tools & Practices Used
- Pre-Commit Hooks
- Static Application Security Testing (SAST)
- Software Composition Analysis (SCA)
- Artifact and Repository Scanning
- Infrastructure-as-Code Security
- Vulnerability Assessment
- IDE Security Plugins
- Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST)
- Dockerfile Best Practices and Image Security
- Container and Kubernetes Configuration Security
- Container Runtime Security
Let's have a quick chat to understand your requirements and figure out how we can help you.
Address: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, WC2H 9JQ London, UK